The Economy in 2022, and the Real Estate Industry
Over the next 24 months, it is our hope that we will be able to provide you with knowledge, information, and conversation, that will assist each person in the great task ahead, discovering their future
Our vehicle for achieving this ambitious objective, at least initially, will be on our Blog, The Data Advocate.
We are building The Data Advocate to provide an array of information, data and real estate related resources of the highest credibility, quality and relevance, and presented with our unique insights, having been successful as active participants in the future of the real estate for the last 30 years, closely connected to a number of the largest and most consequential Industry endeavors.
Not only will we be creating original material, we will also from the vast universe of information surrounding all that is real estate.
Here is an interesting Podcast I listened to yesterday.
For those in a hurry…If you can’t listen to the entire podcast, listen to minutes 20 through 25.
Listen on Apple Podcasts: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/driven-by-insight/id1540843402?i=1000538044497
“Driven by Insight”
Dr. Peter Linneman, Leading Economist & Former Wharton Professor
This 60 minute podcast is worth the time for those who consider themselves an Industry “Stakeholder.”
- Consumers of real estate (buyers, renters, sellers, various commercial, industrial, etc)
- Brokers/Sales Licensees
- Citizens (Under All Is The Land)
- REALTOR Associations at the National, State, and Local levels
- Multiple Listing Services
- Vendors and providers of services to the real estate industry and to those in the real estate sales “food chain”
Summary – Dr. Linneman’s recommendations and observations
- This will be a “Golden Era” for multifamily and he lays out the data to make his points.
- The country has been under producing housing for the last 20 years (He has the numbers).
- Affordability and the down payment challenge.
- The Federal Government is about to spend trillions of dollars. We will be getting advancement, but we will not get our money’s worth, which is often the result of government run projects…not getting our money’s worth.
- And last but not least, “Working From Home” and decreasing productivity.