1. Aggregator Portals are vulnerable and at multiple risk.
2. The Portal’s relationships with MLSs, in general are weak at best.
3.Data received by portals from syndicators is subject to rule changes and restriction on use (possibly on very short notice).
4. Listhub is owned by Move (a major competitor to the portals), which is a risk for those portals dependent upon their competitor for the oxygen they require to live.
5. The portals are reliant upon MLS (free) data to build commerce.
6. The data should no longer flow free of charge from MLSs to these portals.
This all adds up to extreme vulnerability for the portals and opportunity for brokers, agents, MLSs, Associations and ultimately, buyers and sellers of real property…at least that s what I believe.